frequently asked questions
(click bars for answers)
Q: Do you offer a guarantee? What happens if my dog doesn't learn/respond?
A: Due to the many variables involved in training and living with dogs, it would be impossible to guarantee 100% results with any dog. The training we provide has been proven to provide impressive and lasting results, but REQUIRES that the owners of the dogs are committed to follow-through, consistency in maintaining the training provided, and continuing to provide the fair and consistent leadership and management that their dogs require. The levels of leadership, management, and continued training will vary, depending on the dog and living situation.
Q: What is your Refund Policy?
Q: Do you use treats to train dogs?
A: Yes, but not in every situation.
- Treats/food rewards are excellent for use as motivational tools in many aspects of training, but they are not used in every situation.
- Most puppy training starts with treat training and management.
- Most rehabilitation work starts without treats/food rewards, but is dog dependent.
- Our training is reward-based , but does not always include treats/food rewards.
- Our training systems focus on relationship building, including social responsibility.
Q: What type of equipment and methods do you use?
A: We use a variety of equipment and techniques/methods, including our own highly-trained therapy dogs; we use our evaluation process, combined with the goals you have for your dog training experience, to decide what equipment will best suit your dog's learning needs and your end goals.
Q: How do I schedule a private session, and are evening and weekend appointments available?
Q: If my dog is HUMAN aggressive/reactive, can we attend group classes?
A: Yes, after an initial evaluation, most human aggressive dogs can excel in our Novice Obedience, Reactive Dog Classes, Private Lessons and eventually practice walks and socialization events.